Server Engineer - Full Time
About the Job
Omega Systems Consultants is seeking a qualified and motivated individual to fill a Windows Server Engineer position as a part of our Server Technical Support group. This position is an opportunity to work on a wide variety of technologies while providing support and services to key business customers.
This person will be responsible for troubleshooting client server issues and making recommendations to ensure Omega’s goal of 99.9% uptime at its customers. The Server Engineer will also be responsible for designing and implementing server hardware systems at Omega clients. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to clients. Omega Systems is a rapidly growing technology support services firm and we are looking for individuals who want to grow with us. Salary: $65,000-$85,000/year + bonuses.
Job duties include, troubleshoot and repair server hardware and software related problems. Deploy and maintain Windows Servers and Exchange Servers. Recommend new products and services to maintain or increase overall stability and performance of customers operating environment. Effectively communicate with clients on recommended problem resolution. Adapt to different challenging work environments. Candidate must be able to manage their time efficiently and work independently with minimal supervision. Work with other Omega Systems Engineers in a team environment in large deployment projects, troubleshooting and problem resolution. Document problems and associated resolution in Omega Systems CRM Ticketing and database systems.
Minimum Skills Required:
- 5 Years of Windows server experience
- Current Microsoft Certifications
- Experience in Microsoft Exchange Server
- Experience in Microsoft Terminal Services
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory and all related technologies including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
- Experience with HP, IBM, and Dell server hardware and management software
- Experience implementing Symantec Backup Exec and Symantec Security Suite products
- Experience in server migrations
- Experience in server virtualization
- VM Ware experience a plus
- SAN Experience a plus
- Citrix experience a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot server and networking related problems to determine a proper course of action
- Must possess the ability to multitask; providing prompt resolution to customer problems
- Ability to lift and transport computer equipment up to 50lbs
- 4 year degree or 5 years equivalent industry experience